Sunday, December 11, 2011

Santacon - San Francisco Style

Santacon is the only event I know where one can see a large gathering of happy Santas in one location. There had to be close to 500 Santas and holiday-related costumers converging onto the steps of San Francisco's City Hall.


It didn't take long before the rowdy crowd took over the street and blocked all traffic from passing through.


The goal of Santacon San Francisco is for the Santas to congregate and then bar-hop through the city. Not a very family-oriented event.
Once many of them have left for their drinking adventure, I was able to get onto the City Hall steps and take a picture of the remaining crowd.


- Karen

12 comments:

Ryan said...

I see this event has now spread to other cities in the US, well done SanFran.

Unknown said...

What a lot of Santas!:) As usual you captured the pictures so well. Have a good week.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, that is a lot of Santas. I wonder how they look when they are done the bar hopping. Great captures.

FilipBlog said...

and now children still have to believe there is only Santa. :-)

Greetings,
Filip

rainfield61 said...

What if you receive one gift from each of the Santa ....

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Wow, I've never heard of Santacon. What a concept.

betchai said...

I have not heard of Santacon, and wow, would be glad to see lots of Santa

ArtandArchitecture-SF.com said...

Caught some fun pictures myself of them bar hopping. It is really funny to see

Joanne Olivieri said...

I love it! We certainly know how to party here, hence - the city that knows how :)

LifeRamblings said...

wow i haven't seen so many happy Santas gathering in one spot. that must have been fun.

lina said...

Bar hopping Santas.

Santa need some down time too! ;p

Emm said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! I love that! How funny that Santas are the most child-oriented thing ever and then they go bar-hopping! I like the perspective in your last photo and how the Santas seem to blend into the distance.